30 Days of Christmas Coffees – Day 24
So Much More Festive – the Peppermint Mocha Affogato
Welcome back to spillinthebeans.com’s 30 Days of Christmas Coffees and Day 24’s delicious recipe that doubles as a dessert!
Today, we’re unwrapping a delightful holiday treat that combines the warmth of espresso with the cool, refreshing taste of peppermint. Say hello to the Peppermint Mocha Affogato, a festive twist on the classic Italian favorite, the Affogato.
Drowned in Espresso
Before we dive into the holiday magic of the Peppermint Mocha Affogato, let’s explore the roots of the affogato. In Italian, “affogato” translates to “drowned,” and that’s precisely what this dessert-style coffee entails.
A traditional affogato is a simple yet indulgent dessert that consists of a shot of hot espresso poured over a scoop of vanilla gelato or ice cream. The result is a delightful combination of hot and cold, bitter and sweet, creating a harmonious and satisfying dessert experience.
For our Christmas version, though, we’re taking things to a whole new minty-chocolate level. After tasting it, you might never go back to vanilla!
Spillin’ the Beans Espresso Making Alternatives
Peppermint Mocha Affogato
- 1 shot espresso
- 1 scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream or peppermint or candy cane ice cream
- 1 ounce finely chopped dark chocolate
- optional whipped cream and peppermint candies or candy canes for garnish
- In a small saucepan, melt the dark chocolate over low heat, stirring continuously until smooth
- Brew a shot of espresso using your preferred method
- Put a scoop of ice cream in a heat resistant glass or cup
- Pour the espresso shot over the ice cream
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on top
- If you want to add even more holiday pizzazz, add some whipped cream and/or crushed candy canes
Visit Us Daily!
This holiday season, treat yourself to the Peppermint Mocha Affogato—a perfect fusion of tradition and innovation, warmth and chill. And, join us tomorrow for Day 25 of our 30 Days of Christmas Coffees as we reveal another exciting Christmas coffee creation. Until then, may your days be merry and your coffee be extraordinary!
Oh, and don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest! 🎄☕🌟