30 Days of Christmas Coffees – Day 22
Choco Cool Espresso Bliss – an Elevated Christmas Martini
Welcome back to SpillinTheBeans.com’s 30 Days of Christmas Coffees! Today, we’re excited to present a luxurious, refreshing cold coffee cocktail that will elevate your holiday spirits: the Choco-Cool Espresso Bliss.
Our Day 22 feature is an elevated Christmas martini that starts with espresso or cold brew. Then, three types of liquors are added, including our special homemade chocolate liqueur. You’ll want to make a big batch a week ahead of time so the flavors explode!
Why You’ll Love It
The Choco-Cool Espresso Bliss is the epitome of holiday indulgence. The homemade chocolate liqueur forms the backbone, while the coffee and vanilla-flavored vodka add depth and warmth. It’s a treat for the senses, and the chocolate shavings on top are the proverbial cherry on the cake (or you could add a real cherry, too!).
Ingredients for the Homemade Chocolate Liqueur (optional)
– 1 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 cup water
– 1 cup vodka or grain alcohol
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– A pinch of salt
African Espresso – Free Shipping
The spillinthebeans.com coffee shop is open 24/7, and we’ve got all kinds of fun variations, flavored coffees, and gifts. For the Holiday Espresso Martini, you’ll need some espresso. So be sure to check out our African Espresso. It’s perfect for this drink, and shipping is free. Woo hoo!
Choco-Cool Espresso Bliss
- 1 shot espresso or cold brew
- 1 ounce homemade chocolate liqueur recipe provided on spillinthebeans.com
- 1 ounce Kahlua or other coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce heavy cream (or half & half)
- ice cubes
- chocolate shavings
- Brew a shot of espresso or use a shot of cold brew coffee and let cool
- Add all of the ingredients except the chocolate shavings to a cocktail shaker
- Shake well with plenty of ice
- When the mixture is combined and very cold, strain it into a martini glass or you can pour it into a festive glass over ice for a colder option
- Add chocolate shavings (and a little whipped cream might be nice, too!)
Homemade Chocolate Liqueur
Homemade Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 glass bottle or jar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vodka or grain alcohol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine the cocoa powder and sugar in a medium saucepan
- Gradually whisk in water over medium heat and continue whisking until everything is well-combined and smooth
- Bring the cocoa mixture to a gentle simmer, whisking constantly
- Simmer for approximately 5 minutes and then remove from heat
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature
- After the syrup is cooled down, add the vodka and stir well
- Add the vanilla and salt, and stir again so everything is incorporated and smooth
- If any undissolved cocoa remains, strain the liquid through a cheesecloth or fine sieve
- Transfer the chocolate liqueur to a bottle or jar with a tight lid
- You can use the liqueur right away, but it's better to let it age for about a week
Vanilla Vodka Alternatives
If vanilla vodka isn’t readily available, fear not! Substitute it with hazelnut or caramel-flavored vodka for an equally delightful experience. The nutty or caramel undertones will complement the chocolate and coffee elements, adding a unique twist to your Choco-Cool Espresso Bliss.
Another option is to use plain vodka and add a little dash of vanilla extract.
Beyond the Choco-Cool Espresso Bliss
As we count down the days to Christmas, the Choco-Cool Espresso Bliss is the perfect addition to your festive celebrations. Whether you’re looking to unwind after a day of holiday preparations or to impress your guests with a decadent treat, this cocktail is sure to be a hit.
Stay tuned for more delightful coffee creations as we continue our 30 Days of Christmas Coffees journey at SpillinTheBeans.com! Cheers to the elevated Christmas martini and the joy of the holiday season! 🎄☕🌟
Oh, and don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest!