30 Days of Christmas Coffees – Day Six
Hot or Cold… Caramel Coffee Cheer Cocktail
Welcome to Day Six of our 30 Days of Christmas Coffees series here on SpillinTheBeans.com. As the holiday season is in full swing, we’re excited to present you with a delightful and cozy Christmas coffee cocktail that’s perfect for those chilly winter evenings or refreshing for a holiday brunch.
Today, we’re combining caramel-flavored coffee with a touch of holiday spirit (spirits!) in a drink you can serve warm or icy cold. So, grab your favorite festive mug or martini glass, and let’s get started on our Caramel Coffee Cheer Cocktail!
Spirits for the Spirit
There’s nothing quite like a Christmas coffee cocktail to put you in the holiday spirit, and our Caramel Coffee Cheer Cocktail is sure to do just that. That’s because the combination of rich, caramel-infused coffee, creamy liqueurs, and a hint of vanilla is a match made in holiday heaven.
Gather up your ingredients
- 1 cup of strong Caramel Flavored Coffee (freshly brewed)
- 1 oz of Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 oz of Kahlúa Coffee Liqueur
- 1 oz of butterscotch schnapps
- 1/2 oz of vanilla syrup
- Whipped cream (for garnish)
- Caramel sauce (for drizzling)
- Cinnamon stick (for garnish)
- Cinnamon powder (optional, for garnish)
- Ice (optional)
Natural Caramel Coffee Grounds at SpillinTheBeans.com
Caramel coffee is one of the easier flavored coffees to find. It’s available year-round from countless retailers. But why get in the car when you click a few buttons and order it right here from spillinthebeans.com?
We’ve got a variety of sizes and grinds to cover all of your holiday coffee-making plans. However, for this one, we recommend an espresso grind.
Caramel Coffee Cheer Cocktail
- 1 cup strong Caramel coffee (freshly brewed) espresso grind is best
- 1 ounce Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 ounce Kahlua Coffee Liqueur
- 1 ounce Butterscotch schnapps
- 1/2 ounce Vanilla Syrup*
- Optional enhancements – whipped cream, caramel sauce, cinnamon stick, cinnamon powder
- Brew a strong cup of Caramel Flavored Coffee (or add caramel syrup to strong coffee or espresso)
- For the iced version, allow the coffee to cool
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the Baileys, Kahlua, schnapps, and vanilla syrup
- For the iced version, add the coffee to the shaker
- For the iced version, shake with ice and pour into two martini, or similar type of cocktail glasses
- For the hot version, combine the ingredients and add to your hot coffee separated into two festive mugs
- Add whipped cream and your choice of toppings
Let’s Talk About Vanilla Variations
If you’re looking to enjoy the delightful flavors of a Christmas coffee cocktail with a bit less sweetness, there are some fantastic alternatives to consider. Let’s explore a couple of options for those who prefer a more balanced or less sugary taste.
Before you get to the vanilla, though, be sure to pick up some caramel coffee so you don’t need to tack on the extra sugar packed in caramel syrup.
Vanilla Extract Variation
For those who enjoy the subtle, natural sweetness of vanilla without the added sugars of vanilla syrup, you can easily swap out the syrup for pure vanilla extract. Here’s how:
Instead of using vanilla syrup, add a drop or two of pure vanilla extract to your cocktail shaker when mixing the Baileys Irish Cream, Kahlúa Coffee Liqueur, and butterscotch schnapps. The vanilla extract will infuse your drink with a delicate vanilla aroma and flavor, enhancing the coffee’s profile without overwhelming it with sugar.
This version offers a cleaner, more nuanced taste, allowing the caramel-flavored coffee and the cocktail’s other components to shine. It’s an excellent choice for those who appreciate the subtleties of each ingredient in their coffee cocktails.
Vanilla Vodka Twist
If you’re inclined to try something slightly different and prefer a less sweet cocktail with a boozy kick, vanilla vodka is an excellent substitution for vanilla syrup.
Instead of vanilla syrup, use an ounce of vanilla vodka in your cocktail shaker. Vanilla vodka adds a unique depth to the cocktail while keeping the sweetness in check. It also complements the caramel notes in the coffee while still providing that lovely vanilla aroma.
This variation delivers a slightly more potent and less sugary drink. So, it’s ideal for those who enjoy a bit more complexity and a little less sweetness in their coffee cocktails. The vanilla vodka adds a delightful twist that elevates the overall experience.
Incorporating these variations into your Caramel Coffee Cheer Cocktail recipe allows you to customize your drink to suit your preferred level of sweetness and flavor. So, whether you opt for the natural touch of vanilla extract or the sophisticated twist of vanilla vodka, your coffee cocktail will be a unique and delightful addition to your holiday celebrations.
Enjoy experimenting and finding the perfect balance that suits your taste buds!
More in 30 Days of Christmas Coffee
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s coffee creation as we continue our “30 Days of Christmas Coffees” series. And let’s make this holiday season unforgettable, one cup of coffee at a time.
Oh, and don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest!
Cheers to a caffeinated and joyful holiday season! 🎄☕🌟