30 Days of Christmas Coffees – Day 18
Bourbon Barrel Bliss Christmas Coffee with Vanilla-Bourbon Syrup
There’s something truly enchanting about the marriage of whiskey and coffee. The rich, robust notes of a finely aged whiskey find a harmonious partner in the complex flavors of specialty coffee, creating a symphony of tastes that dance on your palate. It’s a pairing that goes beyond the ordinary, and today’s featured recipe takes it to new heights with Whiskey Barrel Aged Coffee.
Bourbon Barrel Bliss Christmas Coffee is our Day 18 feature in our 30 Days of Christmas Coffees series. If you’re a whiskey connoisseur, this is a keeper!
Whiskey Barrel Coffee – Aged to Perfection
Our star ingredient, the Whiskey Barrel Aged Coffee, spends 30 days resting in the embrace of bourbon-soaked oak barrels. This aging process infuses the coffee beans with the nuanced flavors of the bourbon, creating a brew that’s bold and carries subtle hints of vanilla, caramel, and oak. It’s the perfect canvas for a festive coffee creation.
You can certainly head out to the store and buy a bottle of vanilla syrup. After all, it looks good on a coffee bar. However, the vanilla syrup is so easy to make and you can adjust the quantity as needed. So, go ahead and make a big batch and refrigerate it for weeks. You can always put it in a beautiful bottle.
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
½ Tbsp vanilla extract or a vanilla bean
Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan, and bring it to a small simmer. Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes to thicken slightly. Then, add the vanilla extract or scrape a vanilla bean into the mixture, combine, and cool.
Recipe for Bourbon Barrel Bliss Christmas Coffee
Bourbon Barrel Bliss Christmas Coffee
- 1 cup Whiskey Barrel Aged Coffee (freshly brewed) (or a strong coffee alternative)
- 1 ounce high-quality bourbon
- 1/2 ounce vanilla syrup (recipe below)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- whipped cream
- cinnamon stick
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 Tbsp vanilla extract or a vanilla bean
Prepare the vanilla syrup
- Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer
- Let the mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes to slightly thicken
- Add the vanilla extract or vanilla bean, stir well, and allow to cool slightly
Bourbon Barrel Bliss coffee
- You'll make the bourbon syrup in the same saucepan that you used for the vanilla syrup
- Combine the bourbon, 1/2 ounce of vanilla syrup (more if you like a sweeter drink), cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Heat until it simmers, stirring well to make sure all ingredients are incorporated
- Let simmer for 2-3 minutes and cool for 1-2 minutes before using
- Brew 1 cup of strong Whiskey Barrel Aged coffee (or your favorite) and pour into a large festive mug
- Slowly pour in the spiced bourbon syrup, stirring gently
- Top with whipped cream and a cinnamon stick
- Whiskey Barrel Aged Coffee is available for purchase on spillinthebeans.com
- If you don’t have Whiskey Barrel Aged, you can use an alternative but you’ll get a slightly different flavor profile
- No bourbon, or you don’t want an alcoholic drink? How about bourbon extract?
Why Whiskey and Coffee?
The magic of combining whiskey with coffee lies in their complementary qualities. You’ll find that the bold, smoky undertones of whiskey find balance in the rich, nuanced flavors of coffee. And, the warmth of the bourbon enhances the aromatic notes of the coffee beans, creating a beverage that’s not just a drink but an experience.
Christmas Coffee Bliss
As you take that first sip of Bourbon Barrel Bliss Christmas Coffee, you’ll be transported to a world where the holidays are wrapped in the comforting embrace of whiskey and the invigorating aroma of freshly brewed coffee. It’s a symphony for your senses, a perfect blend of tradition and innovation.
Join us tomorrow for Day 19 of our 30 Days of Christmas Coffee series as we explore more festive and creative coffee recipes to make your holiday season extra special. Until then, savor the magic in every cup, and may your days be filled with the warmth of good company and exceptional coffee. Cheers to the holidays! 🎄☕🌟
Oh, and don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest.